RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need radio recommendation for tank with 8 channels
Old 09-30-2016, 09:05 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanque
After writing what I did previously regarding the Turnigy i10 I did a cursory search regarding updates and connectivity. I see the system 's USB interface is used to maintain the sofware/firmware and use in a flight simulator but I've not yet seen anything yet like a developer SDK for that system.

Jerry
Yes that is correct, updated via USB though it is not open source. I personally love the feel of the i-10, I think it was one of the most comfortable I've ever owned honestly, just without the open source option it really kills it for me However, the i-10 works great for tanks as you don't need a custom firmware anyways for any aftermarket boards. I think RCTA likes to pair some of his tanks with the firmwares but I'm sure it can be done with almost any aftermarket transmitter.
Do you use the TankER9x Jerry? I remember loading it for while but removed it due to OpenTX instead of ER9X. I found OpenTX a lot more configurable and user friendly, but then again I use the OpenTX Companion software to make changes so I find adding things simple like LUA scripts for playing music and such pretty easy.