RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need radio recommendation for tank with 8 channels
Old 09-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanque
Hobby shop is correct in English/Amreican.

And you'll also see "LHS", which stands for "Local Hobby Shop"

I've had both the Clark TK22 and the IBU2 Base and I much prefer the IBU. It mainly depends on how computer savvy you are. If you're comfortable with using the computer to set up the board you might prefer the IBU3, but I would recommend the IBU2 or the IBU2 pro if you're like me, and computers seem to hate you. The IBU2 is as close to plug and pay as it gets in this hobby, and it's by far the easiest board to set up. Just one micro SD card holds it all, and it's really easy to change things like smoker settings and adding or removing track recoil.

With you being in Europe I would ordinarily send you to a guy in the UK to buy an IBU, but Jerry has been pretty helpful to you already and I do believe he can send just an IBU2 across the big water for a reasonable price. I personally get my IBU products from the guy in the UK, but that's mainly because I started doing business with him before Jerry became an IBU dealer and I tend to be loyal to the vendors that I start out with, but If I were brand new and looking for my first IBU, I would get it from Jerry. I'm pretty sure if you tell him what tank and if you want stuff like the track recoil active or disabled he might even send it all set up and ready to go, with the proper sound set. Of course, I'd try to scrooge him down on the price, and I'd be sure to play every card I could, like maybe an RCU member discount, and with some vendors I even get an extra 5% off because I'm so damned good lookin', but not all of us can qualify for that discount.