RCU Forums - View Single Post - Balsa USA Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Big Stikflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went in the Navy in Oct 1976. I stayed for 20 years, took the retirement. When I got back home I went into cabinet making for a few years. My last job was with a publishing company until I retired from that.

I started my navy life in Florida until they sent me to the USS Midway homeported in Japan. After two years I was sent to northern California with the VPs. From there I went to Texas to a training comand and then over to Jacksonville Fl. with the VPS again. From there I came back to Illinois for recruiting duty then back out to northern California for my last tour before I retired. In all my travels, I've been all the way around the world and like 9 different countries. I couldn't wait to get out but from time to time I dream about being back in. I saw a lot and I did a lot, can't complain at all. Not to bad, 20 years in and only two years 6 months spent on a ship. The planes I worked on was to big to go on a carrier. I enjoy my retirement pay everyday. Now days you don't get your retirement pay until you reach 65 years old.