RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-16 w/BVM PNP F-16 Help please
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 03:07 PM
ozief16
My Feedback: (13)

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Jeti DS-16 w/BVM PNP F-16 Help please

Gents,
Im in the process of setting up a PNP F-16 with a Jeti and I'm struggling a bit. I'm 100% sure it's my lack of experience with the Jeti, so I'm reaching out to the smart folks here for some help

BLUF: the servos are not moving in a smooth linear fashion in time with the stick

Specifics: I'm running a Jeti DS-16 with the latest updates and a CB-200 on dual path with R3 rx (to include an RC switch...that may or may not stay). I am running a multitude of sensors for the fun of it to include an MUI-30 on the fuel pump for a 'fuel gauge', airspeed sensor, and an MBar sensor as well as the multitude of stuff the CB monitors. I intend to run a Demon Cortex Pro but for now it's out of the equation for simplicity. I had tried it on LiFes but a call to BV said 7.4v is the min so I upgraded to LiPos with no change

I have found the the online tutorials about setting it to 100Hz and setting servo output to auto. I have tried both and actually get the best response (ie closest to what you'd call correct and normal) running 100Hz and the lowest servo output value I can (5ms in the R3s and 8 in the CB (yes I've made them all match with no change)

i have are one stab that lags the fight quite badly and I thought was a bad servo but that's incorrect. I think it's more sensitive or something than the other servos.

When i plug in a trusty old 12x everything works perfectly. Smooth, in time with the stick movements, immediate return to center when the stick is released etc.

i really want want to use the Jeti, and would happily call James but it's a sat and I have a kitchen pass right now so I'm leaning on your expertise.

Thanks in advance

Dave