RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need radio recommendation for tank with 8 channels
Old 10-03-2016, 09:56 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by kultakala
I have no problem to set up a board via PC... essentially i am a computer guy
So i would prefer the IBU3 over the IBU2... as i would expect better sound quality (according to the description), volume control via remote (or has the ibu2 that too ?), dedicated recoil and elevation servo output (IBU2 has only elevation ?) and it has 8 channel support.

The Clark TK Gen2 Boards have support for Gun Barrel Stabilization, i really would like to have that.
Is this supported by IBU or other boards as well ?

The i10 is still interesting because of the display and comfortable setting screens in combination with touch screen.
But the display should be barely visible outside in sunlight, is that correct ?
There is the "new" Turnigy i-6s which looks very clean and really good. It has no color display but touch support and is very inexpensive.
It is advertised as 10 channel radio but has only a receiver with 6 pwm outputs. So the 4 additional channels are only usable via s-bus ?
I dont even know what s-bus exactly is (serial bus ?) but you have to have a similar device on the other end i guess.
So for a tank control only 6 channels would be useable, right ?

If i insist on wanting an 8-channel-remote, is that soft-headed by me (because 6 channels are more than enough for a tank) or does it make sense to have 8 channels or even more ?

The 9XR Pro looks very cluttered compared to the i-10 and even more compared to the DX8.

"The 9XR Pro is hart to beat for that money", that means in functionality ? What about the build quality, is it the same level as the DX8 ?
And the displays, how good are they readable in sunlight, if i-10, DX8 and 9XR Pro are compared ?

Sorry for the late reply. Not sure when it will be available but Ivano is planning an accessory for the IBU3
providing gyroscopic turret and barrel stabilization for modern tanks.

The i10 display is very usable in sunlight to me.

The 9xr Pro suffers from "chrome" and "science fiction_y look" overload; from a very real interface perspective it isn't any more cluttered
than it needs to deliver the controls to operate it. If it was up to me I'd make chrome illegal on radio transmitters; high on my list of offenders of course is the i10 itself in my opinion however it isn't as bad as it could be only due to the finish being dulled or 'brushed' chrome. I like Spektrum's transmitter appearance.... I've given more than a passing thought to taking my 9xr Pro and i10 apart and giving the cases an air brushing with flat black or grey. unless one operates their systems by touch I find the science fiction -look to be distracting...

Jerry