RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Big is "Big"?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 03:30 PM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I don't know about all that stuff above but all the planes I have now are 25 to 46 powered but I do have a 52, 60 and 72 FS in storage. I doubt I will ever have a bigger model again. I did in the early 1980s have a Balsa USA 1/4 scale cub. It was a blast to fly and looked cool in the air. But I just don't have room for a model of that size any more.

We have some pretty big planes at the club. I like the way they fly. But I can't justify $5000+ for a model airplane. There are other things I would like to own for that amount of money. Plus I have been gravitating back to smaller models. No electrics yet though. I like to hear the engine run.

I do remember a plane shown in a RCModler magazine back in the early 1980s that was a scaled up Senior Kadet with a 16ft wingspan. I don't remember what the power plant was. I can't even find a picture of it with googlefoo. I have asked if anyone remembers this plane but so far no one has every responded back. But I think that model would fall into the "Big" catagory with no problems.