RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need radio recommendation for tank with 8 channels
Old 10-04-2016, 05:50 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kultakala
I think i will go with the taranis...

Because nobody replied to my control board thread yet...
If i understand it right i can program the IBU3 via USB using a software but to configure the TK60 i will need an infrared remote ?
There is no way to program the clark via PC ?

In the IBU3, how is a tamiya style gearbox (like in the leopard) configured ? Or is it not possible to control such a gearbox ?

And if i look into the IBU3 manual on page 14, its possible to set additional actions to channel 5 to 8 and to specific stick positions on channel 1 to 4.
But there is no "firing cannon" in the drop down list, how is this be done ?
And would it be possible with a taranis to put functions on a dedicated switch instead of stick positions on channel 1 to 4 ?
For the Clark you need that IR remote to program it, no PC app or config is currently available. The IBU3 is solely PC configured. This can be a pro or con depending on how you look at it, the IR remote is easy to toss in your toolbox and always have, but will require you to carry around the manual unless you can remember all the codes and flashes. The IBU will require a PC like a tablet or desktop but settings are easier to change. Its all preference IMO. I always have my Windows tablet with me so I don't mind but to each his own. I'm pretty sure both models can drive all current gearbox configurations out there atm though I could be wrong. You should send both IBU and Clark an email, they are both really good with support and are great guys. Tell them what you want your end result to be and I'm sure they can help no problem.