RCU Forums - View Single Post - Change your FG84R3 to 40-1 oil mix!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

[QUOTE=ForcesR;12264209]
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
I'm not sure how many Ray English motors have been sold, are being used, and people are reporting back on the result of the modifications. As far as I can tell very few, not much at all is being reported after the fact which is strange to me and my friends at least.

This is just for info and is not meant to start an argument or to slander anyone! I have over the past year or so been visiting several different forums where owners of the FG84 R3 have posted information concerning the performance of their Saito's. As of today from my tally, there have been 7 reported failures/seizures of the FG84 after having the RE modification.

So that's interesting to note 7 engines have failed. Obviously the failure is from the crank mod as the intake mod would not be mechanically involved. These engines need needle bearings. I wonder if the new 90 has a bushing or a needle bearing on the main rod. That update alone should circumvent the licensing agreement if it's solely based on a bushing design.
My friend and I are interested in seeing the new 90 because he has a large Mulligan kit on the bench, wait and see I guess!