RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need radio recommendation for tank with 8 channels
Old 10-07-2016, 09:16 AM
kultakala

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, my DKLM metal chassis arrived... and my radio, the Taranis plus.

Although i dont have something to control with it yet, i already upgraded the firmware, adjusted the throttle stick (now centered), changed the sounds and splash screen and put a tank icon on it

But now i still need the heng long tank (on the way to me) and a control board.
Its not only that i still cant decide between IBU3 and TK60G2 i found a third board which sounds great, the ASP2 from Australia.

I also wrote e-mails with IBU and Clark and got most topics answered.

All have there pros and cons:

TK60G2:
+ has gun stabilization
+ has dedicated elevation/recoil servo outputs
+ deck level detection possible
- no sound level adjust over the radio
- no usb interface for configuration or firmware upgrade (self built possible)
- not available yet

IBU3:
+ available
+ has dedicated elevation/recoil servo outputs
+ sound level adjust over the radio
+ usb interface for configuration or firmware upgrade
o gun stabilization not available yet
- no deck level detection

ASP2:
+ available
+ sound level adjust over radio
+ sound select over radio
o elevation/recoil servo possible, but not plug and play (?)
o configuration via audio, usb interface possible
- no gun stabilization/deck level detection

I dont know if i am really aware of everything and some of the things are not important, but... what is most important to me is the way i can control the main und aux functions from the radio.

As far as i understand it the aux functions (like lights on/off, cannon, etc.) are controled with the IBU3 by putting the sticks in specific corners.
Functions can be assigned to channels 5 to 8, but only one function per channel.
This is according to the manual which may not be up-to-date.

The TK60 and the ASP2 have no assignments (other than driving and turret) to the stick channels 1 to 4, on the IBU the channels are used for some functions.
Can someone confirm this ?
Or is it possible to set the IBU3 up in a way that the drive and turret control is not used to set other things ?
Its hard to explain, i would like to have all other functions than that on the switches of the radio.

Does anyone have additions to the 3 boards ? Which is the best (even if it is complex to set up) ?