RCU Forums - View Single Post - I Bought A Traxxas Revo 3.3 Today - Did I Get A Good Deal? (Pics Inside)
Old 10-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Pejaco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome thanks for your help. I have a few revo related questions now that I have had the chance to run it a bit...

My traxxas 2055 throttle servo on my revo 3.3 intermittently stopped working for a few hours then comes back to life and started working again and now it is dead. Basically what happened was when it died it just stopped responding but my steering servo still worked and the truck is definately still in range when not responding and still steering)

Does this mean my servo is cactus? Or could it be the receiver or the failsafe playing silly buggers? (Fail safe isnt kicking in and locking the brakes either) I would run an iso test and try a new servo but i dont have any laying around lol.

If the servo is toast whats a reasonable priced replacement/upgrade?

Also I have the choice between 3 pipes for my 21 tm engine, out of the following 3 pipes which one would you prefer to run?

Rb tm rv 01
Traxxas resonator
Traxxas blue aluminum tuned pipe

I also want to upgrade my oldschool am radio with the extendable antenna to a cheap but decent replacement. Currently looking at the 2.4 ghz tq radios and receiver Can i just pick up a 2ch tq radio from ebay like this one with a 2ch or 3ch receiver? (How many channels do i need)http://m.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-TQ-2-4...105?nav=SEARCH I figured it should work as my revo has a foc and not using opti drive so I can get away with less channels (2). Any reason why it wont work? If so will the the older 3.3 revo servos and battery pack plug and play? Or is there more to do with upgrading radios?

Last edited by Pejaco; 10-07-2016 at 10:56 PM.