RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need radio recommendation for tank with 8 channels
Old 10-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by travisiniraq
If your looking for gun stabilization have you thought about trying just a generic cheap rc flight 3 axis gyro or old heli tail gyro that no one uses anymore? I have a handful of unused gyros from planes and helis and I was thinking about incorporating one just for the turret traverse just to try it out. Not that that would be accurate for the two WW2 German tanks I have, but Im thinking about putting one in line with the turret channel and turn it on/ off with a 5th channel on the receiver. I dont know what tankers usually pay to incorporate a stabilization feature into their tank, but i wouldn't be surprised if it couldn't be done with a cheap gyro, or even gyro/receiver, This is of course providing that the elevation of the gun is operated by a servo and not that Heng Long elevation wheel thing they use.
I don't do much with modern tanks but I've wondered if a Heli tail rotor gyro could be adapted. A modern type of course. I still have an original
mostly nib Kavan tail rotor gyro I picked up in the 70s; it has an actual high speed motor spinning a weight and it makes the coolest sound when you activate it. I also have one of the brand name Sanyo that I had installed in a Kavan Allouette; yes once upon a time I flew the first generation RC Helis and had the Kavan Jet Ranger, Kavan Alouette ( still hanging in my garage), HeliBoy, a Hirobo Hughes 500 ( absolutely gorgeous mechanics and fuse ) and a Falcon...AND an Ishimasa Skylark electric which I never got to fly right on a tether...

But I'd think a made to purpose gyro unit would be best for a tank...however I'm not the most up to date on the current versions.

Jerry