RCU Forums - View Single Post - Turbines, safety and complacency
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 11:44 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

The last event I went to some of these were talked about at the pilots brief. That being said some of the things you talk about are techniques and not a standard. There is no standard for some of the things your refer to that im aware of but the other things like fire extinguishers and maintain safe direction of turbine exhaust is. Lots of folks have their checklist or technique for how they start up. I tend to do things the same way every time so i dont forget something. Some folks no longer use the data terminal and use telemetry, while others just dont use them at all. Nothing states its required, I use mine because thats just me but others dont use it until the need to pull faults or change parameters. This is when minimum standard is nice either by the Club, AMA or JPO to AMA, something you can add to but not take away from. I haven't joined JPO yet but since a friend is helping with JPO and now being in jets for 6 years I can see something that need updating and changed I plan to.

Last edited by FenderBean; 10-09-2016 at 11:47 AM.