RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 11:58 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by N410DC
Since he is making $30,000 plus per month flying drones, the FAA may decide that he is a commercial sUAV operator. Perhaps the FAA should look into his actions, and his sAUV pilot qualifications (or lack thereof.,)
His income appears to be derived from clicks on his site and from people reviewing content, the flying of drones is secondary from that. I doubt the FAA or anyone else would go after him for the money aspect, rather his reckless disregard for safety. It's the same thing that brought attention to Pirker, a double edged sword. They want the clicks and attention for their site, but in doing so invite the very same viewership that may result in trouble for them. There was a photography group in Chicago that did the same thing, advertised their services and showed off videos and pictures. $1.9 million in fines later......last I knew the matter was still pending. Either way, it's not cheap for the company to either pay a fine, or pay attorneys to defend them.

https://www.faa.gov/news/press_relea...m?newsId=19555

Not sure that people or websites vilifying the guy are going to make much of a difference though, in fact they may end up bringing more traffic and revenue to the guy. That 30-40k in monthly income will come in handy for fines/legal fees.