View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 11:29 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Astro ,

I have said this before , exactly what your getting at here that the public has such a negative image of mulitcopters as being "spy drones" that any multicopter is looked on with suspicion by the public whereas anything fixed wing doesn't get that same kind of negative reaction . I too believe if that were a multicopter and if it was hovering near the sunbather that it would have been taken as being a "peeping drone" by the young lady and the surrounding folks , even if it was a multicopter being flown without a camera ! And yes the fixed wing gets the free pass of being "just an overgrown kid's toy" because the media hasn't taught the public that my PT-17 could be peekin in their windows at any given moment . It sure wasn't us fixed wing flyers who gave the public the negative image of multicopters , and yet so many times I see it being portrayed as a "drone VS traditional" thing when the problem with their image lies squarely with them themselves . The next time someone catches my ol Biplane hovering outside someone's window taking pictures then they can blame us fined wing pilots , my strong suspicion being that the next news story of an RC aircraft being caught doing that will be a multicopter and not a biplane .
Could have sworn that Trappy and his fixed wing FPV equipped flights over NYC, and more importantly that University that brought the FAA and public scrutiny down upon us...not a MR?