RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 12:41 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
Yep, that was THE one!! Lol
Oh, WAIT....you're confusing traditional fixed-wing planes with DRONES (trappy was flying BLOS FPV) again. Spin

Astro
Hi Astro ,

Yea the media didn't bother with the Trappy story , no matter what he was flying , because there was no "drone fear" to be churned by his story . No hovering outside someone's window ? = no story to whip up public fear for those all important ratings with . Some , like the one your responding to , simply don't get it that it's public perception we're talking about here , and whether he likes it or not the public don't like or trust multirotors (AKA drones) . I know he likes to try to play this into the "us VS them" angle but what he fails to grasp here is that us fixed wing pilots had exactly nothing to do with planting that fear into the public's minds , the drone flyers and the media having taken that completely upon themselves by both the drone pilots hovering outside of folk's windows and the media's fear mongering of such incidents for maximum ratings .

Funny that the public is far more scared of Sharks than Jellyfish , even though an encounter with the wrong one of each can mean certain death . The public hasn't been taught to fear fixed wing RC , they have been taught to fear drones . If anyone has a problem with that maybe they should look to the source of that public fear , and no matter how hard some may try to put the blame on fixed wing pilots , sorry , but the droners did it to themselves with no help from us whatsoever . like I said , show me one story of a PT-17 hovering outside someone's window taking pictures and I'll say they got a point that we helped sully their reputation , but we all know when the hovering outside of windows thing began in earnest , now don't we