RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 12:59 PM
ALFIEV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So..... the Topflite Zero is no more. Let it get too slow and too low on a landing approach and she just dropped a wing. No time to power up, no height with which to recover. Model is written off, not sure about the engine. Cant run it at the moment because the carburettor took a side-ways knock through the cowling via the high-speed needle extension. The upshot of that impact is that the "brittle" thermal insulating tube that seems to press into the rear cover of the engine and then fit into the carburettor has cracked through. As those who have attempted to remove the pressed portion (whilst trying to fit the Walbro carburettor mod) have reported, the portion that is "press" fitted into the rear cover is very difficult to remove. However, I have managed to get it out by removing the rear cover from the engine and careful dremel work to weaken the insulating tube and break it out.

O.K....so that has been achieved now I need a replacement part. The only place that seems to stock this is Horizon Hobby. You need to buy a "carburettor body" to get the insulating tube. Great, they have them in stock, and apparently they ship internationally using the much vaunted "Borderfree" system. Not so. It may ship to other countries, but when I tried to process my order to New Zealand it came up with an error message stating that they would not ship this item to New Zealand. Hard to know why. The bloody parts are small, lightweight, and relatively inexpensive. My opinion: Retarded!!!! (I would use stronger terms but will try to avoid upsetting anyone!!!)

Looked at RCJapan website, they have only a few parts listed. Not the part I need. Any other ideas?