RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Lightning Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 07:37 PM
70 ragtop
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 90" P-38, I had a rx in each boom which controlled that side of the plane. In the Yellow, I had just one Powersafe RX in the pod under the radio rack. I used the methods described in the link below, to simply add a couple diodes for redundant power. Mine are electric, so I just tapped off the main batteries in each boom with 20amp BECs. and powered both RX from both BECs. The Yellow was simpler as both sides powered one RX. Only on side will power the RX. If you loose power from first side, the other side's power is right there to pick it up. Powersafe RXs do this for you, but I added diodes as added insurance.

For locations put satellite RX all the way fwd in the pod going left to right, behind the pilot is fwd and aft, and in each boom in the radiator area at opposite 45s. Was a long time Futaba guy, but switched to JR when moving to 2.4, so no help there.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2312424

Originally Posted by flyingpiggy
Hi Guys
I'm about ready to do the radio installation on my ZP38 and would appreciate your suggestions. I will be using my Futaba 14SG tx and R7008sb receiver(s??) and plan to take advantage of the SBus system where possible.
Our local "large model" rules encourage the use of 2 receivers and demand the use of redundant power supplies, switches etc.
What have you guys used?
Where did you locate the receiver(s) and\or hubs.
Did you use power boxes with 2 batteries per receiver?
And what were the advantages + disadvantages.
Were there situations where these installations definitely prevented an accident?

Thanks in advance
Dave