RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 10-18-2016, 10:24 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by hairy46
I sure have missed Mike Buzzeo, he was always good for a laugh online and off, Ken you and he have been great teachers over the years, I finally just stayed with the ones where there is little to no bickering, I have been in this hobby for sometime and am still learning. Lots of great teachers on these forums, thank you all for that! Bob

Bob,
Thanks for the kinds words. The loss of Minnflyer hit my like a ton of bricks. When he and I met here on RCU we struck up an instant friendship that spanned online as well into the real world. We worked very well together and we able to compliment each other in the areas that we covered and we both enjoyed sharing and trying to teach and help as many people as we could. When he died it really hit me hard. That was a really rough week for me. I was talking with him on a Monday morning planning our trip to cover the annual Toledo show, and then that evening I got the call that he had passed. It ended up that I had to cover the show alone that year with no help, and man that was hard because not only was I alone but I was dealing with the loss of Mike too!!!!

And to add to what you all are talking about, I'm an young old timer, 51!!!. I'm the odd ball that I prefer to use Elmer's Carpenters Glue when I build. I feel that I get better builds as it gives stronger joints and gives me more time to position the joint before it sets. The only time I will use CA is when I'm hardening threads cut in wood or when I'm doing a review and the instructions call for CA. Or if a kit was designed for CA. That sounds odd, but I am currently working on the SR Batteries Eindecker and the spars are carbon fiber rods. They are designed for the ribs to be attached to them with CA and there really isn't any other way to do it. I wish there was because I really hate working with CA. I just don't like the fumes.

Ken