RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Foundation Sweepstakes, NICE!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 05:48 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by astrohog
Seems that since there are a some members here with questions about the AMA Foundation, and since there are at least a few regular contributors to these threads that are AMA LM, that this would be a perfect place for those LM to help answer some of the questions instead of just being confrontational, no?

Astro
Ah, we're going back to the Leader Member well again, if all else fails, lets try to wrap that in somehow, because that's related to a sweepstakes. LoL.

I would, in as non confrontational way as possible...suggest you read up on the whole LM thing again. Start a thread on it even. I can't control what you think every LM should be,and act, and respond, etc etc, after they receive that designation. It's more of an achievement thing than anything. That you think it's something different is your prerogative. Have you applied for it yet by the way? I know Franklin was in the process, I'll be interested when that happens and see what standards are applied then. In the meanwhile, I'm o/k with my LM designation, both of them actually. If you want to continue to try to weaponize that, have at it.

This is a open forum with lots of different points being discussed. As per the usual, when any thread about the AMA is remotely positive, we see it turn more towards the negative. Now we see the whole Foundation issue being questioned, 4 years after it came to be. Mike immediately wants to know who paid for this sweepstakes, Matt wonders what this whole Foundation thing is all about, and Mike suggests we poke around the EC meeting notes to see about paid employees, Cessna intimates we read the rules 10 times... etc etc. Yes yes I know, we should be able to "question" things and not be criticized for that. None of that "nothing to see move along" is going on here. Question away....

As per my repeated suggestions in the past though...the best place to ask for questions and get answers isn't going to be here, it's going to be directed to the AMA folks. We've already seen evidence of that right in this thread right? Mike asked, Mandee answered promptly! These threads are more for general conversations and the occasional opinions but if folks want specific answers to specific questions, it's best that they ask the right people. The folks at AMA have always been great responding to questions.