RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Foundation Sweepstakes, NICE!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 05:26 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I'm a LM and I have no freaking clue what's going on and I make it a point to ask. Over the weekend I was at a Fly - In and a AVP was there and I (as did other modelers there) voiced our concerns over a few subjects including the LM's being left out of the loop on many of the decisions being made. Hopefully he relays our concerns to the powers to be.

Mike
Mike,
Being a LM doesn't get someone special access to anyone at the EC level, nor does it allow one to be more clued in to going on. I'm mainly to recognize achievement, not admission to a club or different level of membership with different levels of access. From a practice standpoint, the only additional thing it does is allow us to vote on bylaw issues. That's it. It's up to all of us as members, LM or not, to be aware of whats going on and to stay current. Setting aside the issue of not knowing what's going on, the AMA e-mails are the best place to get a general idea. The AMA website and blogs is another, in addition to the Model Aviation Magazine. Then of course there is your local AVP and District VP. In most cases the Districts have their own website. In addition, as a LM and a club officer you get a separate e-mail with updates. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but that's 8 different ways the AMA communicates with members. How many more different ways can they communicate with us?