RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA and the World Drone Championchips in Hawaii.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:09 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
Not to mention the lack of AMA content in the original post.

I think this thread should be moved to the appropriate drone forum, it could use a little stimulation, not much activity over there.

Astro
Hi Astro ,

I just can't wait to hear the excuse of why it's OK to brush the spotter requirement aside just because it's a "burdensome" hinderance to these drones zipping around the woods like that ? Now , correct me if I'm wrong but Hawaii IS a US state , right ? And that AMA rules are supposed to be being followed at AMA sponsored events here in the US ? And people wonder why Drone flying , BLOS drone flying more specifically , is looked down on here by most respondents ?

So since we can just go and toss the spotter requirement out the window when we see fit , I am led to wonder how many OTHER AMA rules are just SO confining for the flying camera boys that they don't have to follow them either ?

It's darned near impossible to practice "see and avoid" when no one has actual eyes on the RC craft being flown BLOS , now ain't it ?

Last edited by init4fun; 10-20-2016 at 05:12 AM.