RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Foundation Sweepstakes, NICE!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 05:22 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

From the AMA website:

Q. What is a Leader Member?

An AMA Leader Member is an Adult* member who has demonstrated an above-average interest and/or participation in AMA matters and who qualifies in accordance with Executive Council-approved requirements. *Park Pilot members do not qualify

I guess I thought that a LM with, "above-average interest and/or participation" may have more insight/knowledge of the organization than the, "average" member. I guess not. My bad.

It would also seem the AMA views foamies as a different tier of modeler (maybe not as much skin in the game?), as, "park pilot members do not qualify". LOL
Q. What are the duties of a LM?

Leader Member duties vary by category. While it is the responsibility of every Leader Member to represent and promote AMA and the sport of aeromodeling, Leader Members within the categories of Education Support and Flight Support have specific duties and responsibilities including public outreach, assisting clubs, member support, membership development, and other duties as defined by the Leader Member Program.

Call me weird, but, by the AMA's own definition, LM duties and responsibilities include,"public outreach, assisting clubs, member support, membership development". I just thought that maybe one or more of the LM's present here would dig a little deeper to find answers for a question posed by an "average" AMA member. I guess not, My bad.

BTW, anyone that reaches for an "above-average" status in any organization, and makes it widely known on a public forum, should hold themselves to a higher standard, especially when dealing with other members of the same organization, NOT call them out and accuse them of "weaponizing" the very title/status that they so proudly (and deservedly so) tout in the public arena. With that title/status comes the responsibility to represent the organization in an "above-average" way.

Regards,

Astro