RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft Etude
Thread: BJ Craft Etude
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 08:07 AM
cactusblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info. I had already to decided to Hysol in some cross bracing balsa for the canopy and to install a mechanical canopy latching mechanism. I will certainly look at all the pictures you've suggested, and have Google Translate handy to try to decipher any Asian character instructions.

On the incidence adjustment topic though, I've got a question. In the past, I've used the fuselage canopy line as my index point to establish level for the airframe, then used my Robart incidence gauge to set a starting incidence in relation to that index for both the stab and wings. Does that seem reasonable to you guys? I'm installing the Gator incidence adjusters to the forward fuselage points, versus the rear ones that are installed.

As you have suggested, I Hysol a lot of the interior (landing gear box, firewall, battery tray, wing tube support, etc..) in these composite models. Experience, mostly bad, has taught me not to trust the factory glue and glue joints. Hysol just keeps everything where it belongs on those windy contest day landings.

Thanks again for the useful input. Keep it coming.