RCU Forums - View Single Post - New and want to get into racing
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 02:10 AM
Boostedawd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys thanks for the opinions. I suppose Ill have to go back to the track for more inquiring. They did mention they follow roar rules, however also told me i could go buy that truck and race it there stock which contradicts you saying it has an illegal motor. I did figure that the TSM was illegal for track, however thought it might be cool while bashing at home. I would consider myself a pretty good driver already without any aids. Trust me I realize I need to learn to work on these bad boys but I manage a car dealership and time is precious as I already work 60-70 hours a week and any free time is spent with the wife and 3 yr old whom I eventually hope to get into this too. The money really isnt the issue, just the knowledge and time at the moment ha ha. Ive not heard of the other brands you mentioned other than associated which I was checking out their 4wd truck but at the 3 hobby shops Ive been to, everyone tells me to stay with Traxxas because of parts and aftermarket availability. Only one of the 3 shops carried associated and I'm not sure how their parts stock is.