RCU Forums - View Single Post - *** CLUB SUPER TIGRE ***
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 03:39 PM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AllModesR/C
I recently changed brand of fuel and the old Super Tigre doesn't seem to like it. When I ran Wild Cat 10% nitro with 18% oil the engine started instantly and idled perfectly. I did not feel like spending over $120 by ordering four gallons from Tower so I bought a gallon of Omega 10% nitro. Last Sunday at the field I noticed the engine was hesitating to start and had a rough bumpy idle. Putting in a new glow plug helped a little bit but it still has a pretty rough idle. The only improvement I noticed is the engine seems to turn at higher RPMS at WOT with this fuel. I don't have a tach to measure it exactly but I noticed the plane was flying faster and had more power. Any ideas? Easier starting and smooth idle are more important to me than maximum power.
Was there a bug difference in ambient temperature the day you switched to the Omega fuek. It may be that will have to retune the needles with the new fuel, especially Irmo it was a cooler temperature. Colder air will give you more power because high air density.