RCU Forums - View Single Post - DSMX hacked?
Thread: DSMX hacked?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 11:40 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porcia83
Oh please, who attacked the military, that is a desperate diversionary ploy there. It's interesting to hear and see what you were taught when you were active duty, back in the day. That was then, and this is now. That was military, this is civilian. If you don't see what the difference is there, and how the two entities would respond, there's nothing I can say that would make a difference. Given your proposed response I can safely say you've never issued a press/media release, or at least not one that's ever dealt with civil litigation. Hint: less is more. There are far fewer concerns about a "no comment" than there are those that will attack and parse what those three sentences. And don't misunderstand, I'd like to see more and be comforted by that kind of language as an end user or consumer, but that's just not what really happens anymore.
Oh, let's see. Formal training with actual journalists asking questions. Complete with video tape and debrief (still have video in fact). Handled actual event that was national news story (misconduct by senior officer). Actual event related to civilian water allocations. Speaking at to legislators / legislative bodies on policy.

Why do you think there's firms out there who's business it is to do crisis communications? No comment may work for politicians, but it doesn't work for safety issues. Just ask Tanaka. Just ask VW.