RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 12:03 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

@TXshan

I tried to point out that not all landing approaches are the same, because not all fields are the same. In a perfect world it all seems to easy, but unfortunately we are not flying at Kentucky jets all the time. At my home field for example you have to come in hotter, because the final turn to base has to be made close to the runway. Would I slow down too much before this turn, the risk of stalling in that turn is pretty high. So this higher speed will result in a flat approach and it is impossible to do a "fighter" type of landing with the nose up. Furthermore at my home field I also not have a lot of time to flair, because our runway is only 500 feet long. I need a plane that sticks the landing once the wheels touch the ground and with my old springs and struts that was simply not the case. As pointed out earlier, I have softened the springs and changed the height of the nosewheel and now the plane lands at any speed. So apparently the porpoising was not the pilot's fault.

I do not want to come across arrogant but as I said before, I consider myself a very accomplished aerobatic & jet pilot and I also know how to land. I was offended by the way how some people point fingers at the pilot and would never admit that the plane itself or the setup could be at fault. I know that in my case I am not using a Carf recommended gear (no Behotec or AirTech), but several other people have now come forward and said that are having the same troubles to stick the landings with exactly these brands.

Thomas