View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 04:57 AM
Lucozade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy thread revival !

Originally Posted by cpear760
Marui Ninja

aka:
Marui Shogun (had sway bars, metal diff gears)
Marui Coors Melling Thunderbird

I have a scan of the Ninja manual (and a physical one) and a list of screws, bearings, and things. I'm still cross-referencing gear-box and lower A-arm stuff. If you can cross-refence the gears themselves (I'm sure is possible, just time consuming), the car will probably run forever.

I have two of the mechanical speed controllers. If someone actually wants these things, I will gladly sell them. I'm only going ESC now.
I also have the drive shaft (aka center link) that links the front and rear gear boxes if someone needs one.

I have:
runner with near blown diff, Tamiya Sport Tuned 540 motor, Futaba electrics (ie ESC), 12mm axle hex conversion
near-runner w-o electrics, stock all the way
parts car

Bodies and decals:
Ninja Body and Wing (teambluegroov on Ebay)
Ninja decals (tamkyo-reprodecals on Ebay)
-I've purchased both the bodies and decals and they are recommended. If anything, these will give you an excuse to keep running the car.

Driver: ebay. One shows up every now and then. Better luck cross-referencing with HPI or Pro-Line.
-haven't tried one, but perhaps the Tamiya Avante driver would also work since that was just re-released.

Shocks: Same size as the Tamiya DF-02 chassis (3" front, 4" rear)

Stock wheels and tires: I see Rear sets show up all the time on ebay. I've resolved to just put rears on the front when I shelve it

Wheels/Axles: I've done a 12mm hex conversion on my running car so I can run modern wheels.
-uses the original front and rear hubs
HPI RS4 rear axles (need 2 sets, length is dead-on and meshes perfectly with the dog bone axles)
12mm locking hexes with 2x10mm pins (HPI or Tamiya)
4mm nylon nuts with toothed flange
5x10x4mm inner metal bearing (Traxxas)
5x10x3mm outer metal bearing (Team Associated)
-Note: You cannot run the 4mm bearings inside and outside unless you want a car with a parking brake. And running the 3mm both in and outside creates too much slop in the axle.

Wheels: (after the 12mm hex conversion, this will put you in the ballpark)
(again using the Tamiya DF-02 as a reference)
Front: 60x30mm
Rear: 60x35mm
-I currently run HPI's 57x35mm star wheels and M Compound Rally Tires

Chassis: I have not found a modern replacement, but a top-loading battery would be nice.
Hi. Can you tell me what RS4 axles please? There are nitro and electric ones.
Thanks