RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 09:53 AM
737Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wblombard
Hi Guys,

Changing the subject a tad - if that is ok?

I've finally started with the build, and so far so good...not that I have done that much...Only the elevator servos :-) However I have been looking over pictures trying a find a solution for the elevator servo connection wires. To make fitting of the HS easy and hassle free.

What makes me nervous is having slack in the cables could result in potentially touching against the tail pipe during flight which is not what i want, plus not having any slack will make the fit of the HS a pita.

Can any of you guys post some pics of your setup? I'm keen to see what you guys have done before I attempt to re invent the wheel.

Apologies if this has been discussed before but for the life of me I could not find it.

Regards,

William Blake
wblombard:

Hey my friend. If your concerned with the elevator wires coming in contact with the outer thrust tube, 1st clip them outta the way via a keeper/clip/Velcro to the inside of the fuselage. I went above and beyond and wrapped a small piece of heat blanket around that outer thrust tube, got that at an auto parts store, and cut it to fit. I used a piece of that aluminum tape to hold it together where it meets itself around the thrust tube. It's good for 2000 degrees!!!!! refer to post 5230, where I took a picture of my solution. It's probably overkill, BUT, cheap insurance!!!

Tom

Last edited by 737Driver; 11-15-2016 at 12:07 PM.