RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 10:07 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys,

I really didn't want to turn this informative thread into a pi***ng contest, but as a paying customer I want to be taken seriously. Answers like "I can land anything" or "A bad man blames his tools" really don't improve the feeling that in fact I am a valuable customer.

Dave is right that there are hundreds of UFs out there and in an ideal world most pilots don't have problems with the landing gear, but in those less than perfect conditions like cross winds, short fields or obstacles in the flight path that make you come in hot there is definitely room for improvement. Dave admitted that with the stock gear you need to "hold off" the plane until it settles on its own, but it is not always possible to do that. After I softened the springs and shortened the nose wheel I can now land at any speed without any tendencies to bounce.

I do understand that the margins in the RC business are slim, but a little improvement here or there doesn't have to cost a lot. Car makers or cell phone companies are constantly improving their products to keep them attractive to customers for a long period of time. And they do listen to their customers' inputs and do not tell them that there's nothing wrong with their product!

Thomas

Last edited by bluelevel; 11-15-2016 at 10:22 AM.