RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rebuilding this Armortek Gamo Halftrack
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 11:12 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks everybody, I'm trying to make it decent.

The two OLD 12v 7amp batteries I installed in it wouldn't hold charge worth a poot. SO today I took'em in to town to the battery store. Right beside the new same size batteries were 12v 12amp ones! About half again as wide but same length/height! And the price difference was about $4 each more! And since there's LOTS of room in the rear (without those original bulky ESCs) I got the larger batteries and they fit perfect! Strained my shoulder patting myself on the back!

Hey Crius! Looking forward to your posts r/c'ing the Schwimmwagen! That'd be PERFECT if it could drive AND float! Hope you get it soon and show it!

And Dimension Engineering kind of said the Sabertooth SHOULD NOT be used with any splitting Y cables or some things might be 'voided'. Luckily I didn't damage the ESCs but the way they were jerking, starting, and stopping, it kinda 'concerned' me. I have one channel fwd/rev, one channel front wheel steering, and the third channel track steering. I've already gotten pretty used to it. The only time to gently use the track steering is for sand or really sharp turns.

I had to pull the T1 off the bench so I could get the half track off. So while driving the half track out in the sand, figured: Heck, I already have a tank out and parked, might as well drive it over too and take some pics. Here's a couple just to compare the sizes.

Now I'm dreading having to paint the camo on this half track and P4. Might just think about it and wait til next summer...

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-001S.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	2190194   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-002S.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	2190195   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-004S.JPG
Views:	386
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	2190196   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-005S.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	2190197  

Last edited by Old MSgt; 11-16-2016 at 12:41 PM.