RCU Forums - View Single Post - Firebird JET Trainer: Another Dr Honda budget build.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:10 PM
Scott Todd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I remember reading about the RAF changing from rudder stripes to fin flash, and moving roundels off the ailerons, about the mid 1930s."

Thats cool! My flying buddy from England was in town this weekend for the AZ Jet Rally. He's a retired RAF pilot and now flies the 747 for BA. He built #1 and 3 from the left in the photo and keeps them at my house. He always has good RAF stories

My buddy from England, one from California, and I each flew all the 4 Turbinators pictured. The little one on the left is EDF and the other three are Turbine. In order, 70mm EDF pans built, K-45 83% plans built, P-80 original size plans built, K100 latest version ARF. We passed the transmitter around on all of them. the 83% got lots of attention and the other pilots were impressed how well it flew on the new K-45. Eight Different pilots flew the Red/White P-80 one on the Buddy box. Several had never flown a Turbine before. All together, we put 13 gallons of fuel thru the three of them Friday and Saturday. The safety officer working the flight line told us we were going to have to send them for service after the weekend

It was a great event and we had a blast! Can't wait to see how the little Firebird does...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6533.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	2190825