RCU Forums - View Single Post - P 51d mustang 60cc hangar 9 build
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 11:57 AM
pc1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coxco
Getting a video on here is like getting an act of congress. Nether one works!!!! haha

Because I didn't like the way the control horns where installed I decided to double up on them. I made a new set and cut out a block of semi hard balsa, drilled a slot in it and installed it on the other side of the rib from the original horn and doubled the strength. The servos install directly inside the horizontal stabs and only one servo will work right. A small Spektrum digital servo. I have always been a Futaba flyer so was not happy that futaba did not have a servo that would FIT. The Spektrum seems to work ok.

Hi Coxco,
I've recently bought two Spektrum A5060 Mini HV Digital Hi-Torque MG servos for my Mustang and I find that they are noisy when idling in the centre position. They are making a random 'clicking' noise even though there is no load on them – even with the servo horn removed. They don't seem to move with the clicking noise, but you can feel it slightly through the casing of the servo if you hold it. Other than this clicking noise, they seem to work fine.
I've not noticed this with other HV metal geared servos that I have and I wondered what was causing it, and if it was a problem. Will it cause premature wear in the servo or excessive drain on the battery? I've tried the servos at 6v and 7.4v and with different receivers but it doesn't make any difference, the clicking noise is still there.

Thanks and Regards
Pete