RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIMLA BUILD THREAD
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 09:09 AM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rg1911
Perhaps a little late with this information, but it seems that a Simla short kit is available here:

http://eurekaaircraft.com/plan_kits/simla.htm

The page says it's from Model Aviation plans revised by Jeff Petroski & Duane Wilson.

At $199, the price is definitely higher than what I paid for the full kit from Jeff. (I'm working on the Simla again, using a second kit I bought from Jeff before he ran out.)

There are a number of other classic pattern plane kits also listed.

Cheers,
Richard

I can only guess that someone told Don that they wanted a Simla kit but they were no longer available. I was very surprised and disappointed to see the Simla kit on his web site. When I told Jeff he was upset...neither of us was ever notified about what he was doing. It would have been a nice gesture on his part to check with us first, but "that's life" in business...

Don't be surprised if the Simla kit is offered again some day. The whole Simla project is very "near and dear" to both of us.

I still have the original Simla prototype that has less than 15 flights on it, (I didn't want to risk it.) The picture was taken by MA editor Michael Ramsey at the Muncie runway in October 2010 before the Simla article came out. Michael flew the plane in between rain events.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SIMLA TAXI Img_1871 (E-MAIL).jpg
Views:	1026
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	2191228   Click image for larger version

Name:	WET RUNWAY POSE 2.jpg
Views:	1103
Size:	937.3 KB
ID:	2191229