RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 05:17 AM
Rock81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock81
I have read this whole thread now and please forgive me if I missed it but how does this plane handle on grass landings/take offs?
Thanks in advanced
My first post/question about this plane from 5/11/2010 .
Originally Posted by Tom Nied
Great report. 8 years? You certainly got your moneys worth. I'm going to have to get mine out for the maiden.
Did you ever do that maiden Tom?

I bought an escapade a few months after my first post, bought a house a few months after that on consignment for $65, looked at it for two years in the box thinking (I need to build that), then installed laminate floors throughout the house, it was put in the top of a closet to get it out of the way, the wife got pregnant in January 2015, he came 3 months earlier then he should have, and three weeks ago I went to the safe, in the closet.... What's that, dang, I still need to build that. Well I did, I made a few changes, it already had tristock on both sides of the firewall & landing gear block. I epoxied the wing halves together, I epoxied the tail feathers in place, sullivan tailwheel, epoxy the cheeks/firewall, thinned epoxy in the fuel tank area, and epoxy the landing gear block for strength. I'm using futaba 3004 servos all around(5), saito 62, 2100mah life04 flight pack, and spektrum rx. The cg is at 70mm, my choice of flight pack left me with no where to put it but on top of the tank, and these is the cg I'm stuck with, should be fine from what I've read. I also ran a pushrod per elevator half. I'll post pictures later.