RCU Forums - View Single Post - Video of my BE2e, a WW1 artillery spotter in flight. It's not easy to fly!
Old 12-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Stachel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Buzzard Bait,
I read it all! But it was interesting, so I don't need to get a medal. Thank you for putting these theories (more like axioms?) for us to study and apply to our models. Being that I'm building a Be2e right now, it's very important to try to get it right, since the plans seem wildly off in some details (CG being one).
The stab's angle of incidence looks as much as the top wing, about 4.5 degrees. The bottom wing measures out at 2.5 degrees. I like what Gordon Whitehead is saying about incidence, make both wings the same and go from there. I've gone and drawn on the plans the corrected incidence and what struts need to be lengthened. I am keeping the front cabane strut the same length and just dropping the trailing edge.
Telemaster's video of the Be2e in action is reason enough for me to build one--it's so captivating to see. No offense to fans of that Dutch plane builder, but I'm tired of seeing nothing but Fokker Dr.Is at shows!