RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 12-04-2016, 09:01 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
Almost finished the left wing panel for the B-25 last night. Glue didn't dry quick enough or I might have finished it. Still needs the leading edge added, then need to make the compression block for the mount in the center section. Once I get the wing bolts finished I can put the small sheet on and the bottom of the center is fully sheeted and I can move on to the fuse. I am leaving the top sheeting off the CS for now until I decide on how to work the bomb bay into it.

If I had the 6 servos for the wing though I would go ahead and completely finish the wing with the ailerons and flaps, but since I don't and there may be some mod to do inside the wing, going to leave it open for now.

Not even going to consider starting the nacelles yet, they will just get in the way when fitting the wing to the fuse, and I want to get the gear done before building the nacelles in case I need to mod the rails which are inserted into the formers. Man there is a lot of work to do on this plane, and its the easier of the two I have, the P-61 with twin tail booms will be a real challenge!

Is the B-25 a kit or scratched? I have the ziroli plans and scratch parts but need the L.G. It will have to wait until my finish what is started kicks in.

Do you know anyone needing a set of "Likes LINE" retracts? I have several sets and sizes of retracts and need to reduced my supply so if anyone is looking for gear check with me!

It's still gloomy and wet so back to the shop I go.