RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models Spitfire (Pylon Racer)
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 05:11 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm I am running the Red/White Phoenix Models Strega with a YS70 at over 3000' and running consistently right at 2:00. I would think you could run even lower than a YS91 ? That Spitfire wing is far better than my PHX Strega is.
Dan, On my Spit from WM I left the gear alone, built it stock and had no issues. I sold the plane and that guy had no issues on take off or landing. A lot of it has to do with how you treat the throttle. These Spits like to be "Eased" into the throttle or they will nose over as Tommy says. Some guys just get careless on the throttle and firewall that thing and to be honest, many planes out there will give you issues doing this. My Spit in the stock location was one of the best landing plane I ever had.

I too like JR utilize dual rates, I always have and always will. I learned this in Giant Scale (it is a must) and it just carried over to warbird for me at least. In fact I set my plane up on 3 rates, due to racing them Shaw kids every time I go to No Cal.
Take off - High rates on ail and elev both
Racing Shaws - Middle rates
Racing most others- low rates
Landing - low rates

Like I said each person has a routine (hopefully)
If you don't have a routine you will eventually get in trouble as you need to approach
racing as a consistent program.

Many of the top pilots take off, race and land all on same rates.
I cant, cause if I break my routine, I will stumble when I race the Giants.

It works for me- do what works for you.