RCU Forums - View Single Post - is nitro on its way out?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 03:30 PM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So all the balsa planes I've built in the past 20 years that are electric powered are not planes??!!?? My Sig Kougar is not a plane. My Sig 4*40 is not a plane, my Ace 4-20 is not a plane, neither is my Sig Citabria and 1/5 scale Cub, nor is my BUSA Eindecker .40 nor my old Aerodrome Models Fly Baby, or my Seniorita...I guess they are all not real planes because they are electric powered.
Seems I've read things like that before: Only real planes have two wings and covered with fabric.
Real planes are warbirds, all other are just toys.( By the guys who wear flight suits at the flying field)
There seems to be a lot of near intolerance towards electric flight , especially by older members. I guess they just can't handle the new technology.
I hear the same old ,same old every time when it comes to electrics by people who only connect electrics to the cookie cutter foamy ARFS that are popular.
So what do I do with all my balsa planes. Oh, I still have an Astro Hog, Sky Shark Hawker Tempest, Ace Bingo, BUSA Sopwith Pup still in the box. Maybe I should just sell them and buy foamies since they won't be considered real planes if electric powered.