RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig kadet senior. Taildragger?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Top_Gunn
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What I've done about the tail wheel when converting Kadets to taildraggers is to move the fin and rudder back to where the trailing edge of the rudder is about even with the trailing edge of the elevator.Then make the elevator a two-piece one with a connector in front and a gap in the middle for clearance for the rudder. Add enough to the bottom of the rudder so it goes all the way to the bottom of the fuselage. Then use pushrods connected to the elevator and rudder as with most any other taildragger. (The pushrod arrangement on the Kadet Senior, with the rod coming out of a hole at the back of the fuselage won't work with this setup.)

Something else to think about: The Kadet Senior has a lot of built-in down thrust, which without a nose gear to hold the nose up on the takeoff roll makes mine want to nose over if I give it too much throttle. I can manage by holding full up elevator until it's ready for the tail to come off the ground, but if I were doing it again I might take some of that down thrust out. But I'd try to find someone who has done it to ask how it works first.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kadet Senior 2015 001.JPG
Views:	1053
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	2192710  

Last edited by Top_Gunn; 12-08-2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Mention thrust issue