RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-1 updates on Mfr/Delivers??
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 10:41 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pattratt
That was what we were told a month ago! Not trying to start an issue but we were getting"daily" updates when you were taking orders. I am on the list but would appreciate something a little more specific on a time frame for those of us on the list as we are fast approaching needing to know something in preparation for next Spring and Summer flying season. Again not trying to create an issue just planning for next flying season.
Thanks
I have not posted lately because there was nothing new to report. Like some have mentioned, moving a factory and setting it up for production is not an over night feat. T-One models is a brand new start up company, and had no idea the T-1 would be the BEST thing since sliced bread. I think their heads are still exploding with the demand for this plane. I had asked them to postpone working on the Eurofighter, put all hands on deck, and get a solid grip on production for T-1.

So here is the other latest factory news, hot off the press!!

The factory has finally completed the move and is gearing up the production line. The new factory paint booth was not up to standards and was unfortunately found out too late and a few airframes were lost because of it. I was very impressed that they did not try to salvage them and let an inferior plane leave the factory. I was just as sad, as that put us further behind once again. Barry, myself and the factory, would like to thank everyone that has paid orders for being patient and understanding all the delays we have encountered. We will pick up sending orders in the que as they were placed. The factory hired another Master Painter and they are training new employees to help increase production. I know everyone reading this, has assembled or actually scratch built a plane and knows training new people to build a plane is not an overnight feat. Our quality WILL NOT be compromised from new employees, as they are under strict supervision. Anyone that has touched, flown or saw a T-1, knows this plane is SO WORTH THE WAIT!! With that being said, our offer still stands, anyone with a paid order that does not want to wait, please let me know and I will refund your $$ within the hour. Before you all bombard me with "when is my plane going to be done" questions, let's let the factory get producing for a week or two so I can get a pulse on production and forecast a true delivery date for you.

For the guys on the waiting list, With the current paid orders and the current waiting list, I don't for see your orders being placed before March/April with a June/ July delivery date. That is if production picks up like we are hoping.

Regards,

Dirk
[email protected]