RCU Forums - View Single Post - BEYOND DISAPPOINTED with my Redcat Blackout XTE
Old 12-19-2016, 11:06 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I have to point out that the Redcat Racing Blackout XTE Pro was the only Redcat platform that I almost purchased. For me, it was the well laid out arm design on the monster truck. Being able to use one arm in any of the four corners seemed to intrigue me. The manual is well thought out (by Redcat's standards). I've never seen another Redcat manual like it.

If the Blackout XTE Pro would be offered as a kit...BAM! I can almost guarantee I'd have the monster truck in front of me. I'm a kit type of person. I get joy out of building a RC model (correctly) rather than undoing a Ready To Re-assemble (RTR) package . I don't want/need what a manufacturer thinks is "good enough" to be put into their RTR package. I personally like to pick, and choose what low-end gear goes into my RCs; that I know will get the job done (most of the time ).

It would be a great day for me to start a Redcat Racing platform thread with "Beyond Happiness". Again, for me, that day won't happen until a kit is released. This goes for all the good RTR platforms/companies that are out there. Traxxas, DHK, HoBao, HPI, ECX...etc., etc., etc. I point my finger at you guys. Give me something I can build and take pride in.