RCU Forums - View Single Post - lanier shrike info please
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 07:53 AM
Mikie 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrike Kit

skinut : Glad to help, if I can.
The Lanier Shrike and I have a history of about eight years now.
Several years ago I built a Shrike from scratch. Took several months, but was a good project, and I learned a lot!!
I put a JEN 57 engine in it and she flew like a bird on fire! Loved it. Then after a season or two, after having flown her several more times... One day at about 100mph the radio stopped responding and she flew through a tree and went into about 300 pieces!! That was two years ago.
I am now in the process of building the same as a kit I purchased (someone had it in their basement, and were kind enough to sell it to me).
The reason I'm responding is because depending on the engine you want to use, the CG and travel of ailerons and elevator are kind of adjustable to what you're going to use, as a whole, in the set-up. The numbers from the plans are a good starting point. Play with it! I think you'll love the Shrike. Just check it over carefully before each flight!!

As I'm putting this plane together, this time, I wondering if I should go with a 10oz. - or - 12 oz. tank. Won't really matter I guess.

Have fun!!

Last edited by Mikie 1; 12-20-2016 at 07:57 AM. Reason: to add more info