RCU Forums - View Single Post - engine help
Thread: engine help
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 02:03 AM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took mine appart and made some mods too it. The conrod had not been flattened in the front end, presumably to retain a correct position relative to the piston. I then removed about 0.2mm from the front side of the conrod, this is slightly less then the mod on the backside of the conrod that was already there. With two shims in front of the crankweb the whole crank is shifted back the sae amount and the conrod alignment is retained. I then also had to remove some material from the front end of the crankcase to allow for some play against the propdriver (unmodified). I also removed a little from the very end of the crank pin (still have some of the chamfer there) and now effectively there is about twice the length of pin that can engage in the intake disc, compared to before the mods. It still doesn't look like much perhaps, but it should now be close to the bottom of the alignment hole in the disc. With everything mounted the crank can still move back and fort.

I'm now tempted to run it but will first have to either turn down the heads of the backplate screws, or remove some material from the backplate as there is not enough room for the screw heads at the moment.

The intake seems to very restrictive, there is hardly any room for any air to pass the spray bar...
Should run I guess, but will be throttled down.

Here is a picture of the crank pin after the mods;
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	489.8 KB
ID:	2194154  

Last edited by Mr Cox; 12-23-2016 at 02:10 AM.