RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM F6F Hellcat Info?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 03:29 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Bean,
How are you doing...glad to see your ready to fly. I have a rebuilt pair of F6F landing gear for an ESM F6F.....I also have a VVRC twin 40cc gas engine I know I can stuff into the nose. It needs the flippen nose weight anyway...so I am going to call our buddy Tomas and order a new F6F. The VVRC 40 cc gas engine just fits...I will mod the cowl attachment, for the kit version of attaching the cowl does not work, with this engine. I tried to mount it into the model earlier, before I crashed and didn't want to reduce the cowl attachment to mount that twin, so re-installed the PTE 36. This model grooved...and she was gorgeous in the air. I will repaint this one too...but having those Sierra gear on hand, and the gas engine...why not another one.

Do send pictures and keep us posted on the first flights.

By the way...I was told the book figures were set to far aft. I was sent a note and told to move it forward a bit. You measure from the break point on the wing...heading out board. If you measure from the leading edge of the wing at the fuselage...you will be out of balance. To find my CG, I measured as the manual stated and amended. 110mm aft of the leading edge, where the wing breaks outboard. I marked this, then ran a 1/16" tape from mark to mark, so I can get an accurate measurement against the fuselage. This is the only way I can use my CG machine to balance this model. It looks like 130mm aft of the leading edge, against the fuselage, will be the CG mark...and what I used. I was told to set the C.G. at 110mm and start from there. There have been reports of the model being a bit tail heavy at the 117mm C.G. location, as stated in the ESM manual. If your not sure...give Tomas a call and I'm sure he may will tell you the same thing. I was sent a note and told to move it forward a bit and what I did.

I will install a retractable tail wheel on his model and I will redo the F6F in U.S.S. Bunker Hill. colors. I have all the retract stuff off of the first airframe, a new engine...and radio. All I need is an airframe and some paint.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58660.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	2194430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36255.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	2194431  

Last edited by Bob Paris; 12-26-2016 at 04:07 PM.