RCU Forums - View Single Post - The most beautiful O.S engines ever made
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 12:15 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The SS .15 BB TN says one bearing with no price listed on the previous list. I have no specs on the CX, but have tested a lot of .15s which I seem to accumulate for some reason. I used a 7-5" Master Airscrew prop and 10% fuel. About 18,000 rpm with no muffler. The results are in the engine 'tach readings' section. The ASP was above the LA by a bit.and works quite well. Mine seems to eat plugs. I made a new head which uses turbo plugs, and it compares well to a Fora, Rossi and Piccos of the same size. (20,500 with the head .) I would be interested to see the rpms of the CX to compare to the others that I did. I spent a lot of time doiing those checks on various sizes of motors as well. It seems to always be windy here. Many years ago we raced Goodyear planes with .15s, and there was a plain bearing and ball bearing class. Supertiger had a bronze bushing that would fit in the place of the ball bearing. there was really no difference in rpms. The LA plain bearing engines have a bad rap for low performance, but the carb hole is much smaller as it is meant for beginners who want no problems. The .15 is really quite good considering that. It is also lighter because of a smaller case which does not need to support bearings. (and plastic parts, and less screws on the head which is squared off for less weight too.

Last edited by aspeed; 12-29-2016 at 12:17 PM.