RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 08:09 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by drsugarbeet
Sounds like you have some good experience with Saito FG Engines. This is my first and as you know it's a healthy investment . I think as you stated, following the manual is the best advice to have a engine that lasts. I have ordered a Keleo exhaust ring for the FG60R3 I see as you mentioned that there is a breather that vents excess oil from the crankcase. Is it possible since the Keleo exhaust ring has a smoke tap to attach the crank case vent hose to the tap? That would been a great way to get rid of excess oil with out a lot of mess.

That wouldnt work since smoke oil is pumped into the exhaust, and the crankcase needs to breath freely. What I did was take some soft brass tubing and strapped it to the muffle with the end cut at an angle in the exhaust stream, then connected a fuel line between it and the crankcase nipple. The angle is facing away from the end of the muffler so that the exhaust stream creates a sort of a vacuum on the tube to suck the waste oil away yet still allow for the crankcase to suck air in. If you connected the smoke nipple to the crank, you would be forcing exhaust into the crank and the engine would run like crap, if at all.