RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tank noble / Build thread / HL Leo 2A6M CAN.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:19 PM
rescue119

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Rescue's Build thread / HL Leo 2A6

HI all. I am new to tanks but not to r/c. I've been racing r/c for about 20 years. I strictly run indoor carpet 1/10 touring cars now. I've know about the tamiya tanks for a long time but a little outside of my budget since I dump a lot already into touring cars.

Little about myself. I am an air traffic controller for the RCAF and currently live in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. 40 years old. Originally from NS and also lived in Ontario for 15 years.

So I discovered the HL 2 weeks ago and after secretly trolling these forums for the past 2 weeks I ordered the Leo (mato mart had free shipping for Xmas sale)

I got just the basic one. No upgraded anything. Want to start from the ground up. Long term side enjoyment. I will use this thread to show the slow build progress.

Some of my goals for this build are

Replicate a Canadian Leo as best I can.
Use lipo batteries (I have lots already)
Upgrade all the internal electronics (tk boards?)
I want lots of torque. I debating putting a functioning blade on the front and plowing snow with it lol
Waterproof it as best I can to the lower hull.
Not to keen on the bb shooting so will upgrade to be able to IR if I ever run into anyone else.

My questions will be more like best upgrade parts and making them all work together.
Also detailing stuff like building details and painting techniques. Also where to buy them from. I have to worry about exchange rates and shipping. Stupid CDN dollar lol.

That's all just off the top of my head. I'm sure more will come over time. When I get it I'm on a enjoy it stock for a little bit.

Anyways I look forward to chatting with you all and everyone have a safe new years.

Cheers

Cory

Last edited by rescue119; 01-21-2017 at 07:40 AM.