RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tank noble / Build thread / HL Leo 2A6M CAN.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rescue119
Been researching electronics. I think I'm gonna go with the 590 red motors. Seem good and cheap. Where to buy?

Also with the stock board run lipo? I have some 5000mah just collecting dust.

Speaking of boards... should I upgrade to the tk24? Board or is there another board at better value out there?

For transmiter I'm looking at either a cheap spektrum DXE or the 10 channel fly sky radio. Any recommendations?
With motors you just have to be sure they'll fit (lots of room in a LEO) and have the right shaft diameter, which for us is 2.3mm. If you're buying gearboxes from HobbyRaw, TankArmy, Mato, Taigen, you'll be fine.

Tankers don't see the benefits that LiPo was designed for. They're lightweight and have amp boost which is great for Helos and aircraft, not so much a big heavy slow tank :P I really like NiMH, reliable, safer, and easier to charge. Clark's WILL run a 2S LiPo but you should keep an eye on the voltage with an alarm at least. Nominally they're designed for 7.2V.

Clark is a good bet, and fairly straight forward. You've RC'd before so they won't be hard at all to set up, but actually in default mode they're just fine. Lot's of threads here on Clark!

Remember... the main thing with tanks is once you start upgrading, weight becomes an issue and stresses the rest of the tank. Bigger motors risk shredding gears, breaking tracks, ripping idlers off.. heavier tracks make everything work harder. Over the years I've tended to either go big right away, or build light and stay light.

This is an awesome hobby

Last edited by Strato50; 01-03-2017 at 05:42 PM.