RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bud Nosen Citabria 40 Kit Build
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bud Nosen Citabria 40 Kit Build

Well, should I start another one? Anyone that's been on my other build threads know that I'm not a speedy builder. And I stalled out on my Stinson SR9 build as well. Life has been turned upside down so to speak, but it's time to roll her back to the upright and level and get going again.

So somewhere in the spring of 2016 I had a relatively new friend bring me a kit that he had started some years back. He knew he wouldn't be finishing it and he saw the work I did on my 1/4 scale Sig Cub. By the way, this is the friend I happened to run in to out at the abandoned airport where we used to fly. Yup, he was standing on the runway to get some shots of my Cub taking off, and boy did he get more than he bargained for! Anyway, I digress. As you'll see by the photos, there is still a long way to go but I'm looking forward to getting started.

I've been reading through the build instructions for the wings trying to get a handle on where he left off and where I will proceed to. I already know one of the mods I want to make; the plans call for one center standard size servo for the ailerons, but I want to put two micro's in each wing panel. I will also be making the electric, I don't want to have to mess around with nitro any more.

That's about all I have for now. It's supposed to be raining off and on for almost a week, so since I can't fly, might as well get started building again (when I'm not at work)! And as always, comments, suggestions, constructive criticisms are always welcome!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170103_185643003.jpg
Views:	1865
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	2195451   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170103_185702551.jpg
Views:	2828
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	2195452